Loving Eco-Friendly Fashion
Have you ever thought about what fashion is and which is its purpose? At Il Bambino Store we truly believe that fashion is much more than just clothing as a piece of fabric used to cover our bodies. We think that fashion serves more than a utilitarian purpose, and that it is art, a tool for personal expression and it helps boost our emotions.
Now, if you are a fashion lover like us, we are sure that you have impulse buys of clothing and accessories for your little ones because you want them to look amazing and feel empowered. However, you should try to make thoughtful purchases and that everything you buy will have a long life in your kids’ wardrobe. Helping you with this commitment is one of our main goals at il Bambino Store.
There are many reasons to buy European fashion, starting with the fact that it is well known for its richness, elegance, high quality and attention to details. Many people mistakenly think that European fashion is not as modern as the American contemporary market due to its focus on beauty and craftsmanship, but this could not be further from the truth and we are here to prove it to you. We are in the constant search for brands with unique style and which have a differentiating factor for our customers.
When you are purchasing childrenswear you need to make sure, not only that you are buying well-made products with beautiful design that will make your kids feel amazing, but you also need to take into consideration the environmental impact you are making with your purchase decision. That’s why there are so many European brands searching for ways to reduce the environmental footprint of their manufacturing processes and at il Bambino Store we are very proud to be carrying some of these brands. Here are some of the brands worth considering:
- Stella McCartney: Since their launch in 2010, they have been exceeding the limits of sustainable childrenswear using sustainable materials, such as organic cotton, sustainably sourced viscose and recycled materials.
“We think that being modern means considering the future, not just the future of design, but also the future of the planet. We are dedicated to helping change people’s perception of eco fashion. We think that sustainability can take the form of beautiful and modern clothing and accessories” Stella McCartney Kids.
- The Bonnie Mob: The brand’s philosophy is “Buy once, Buy well, Pass it on”. This brand is committed to offer products that are made to last and can be easily passed down to siblings and friends. The Bonnie Mob is applying different measures to ensure they offer a sustainable product they are proud of, and some of these measures are:
- All the organic cotton yarns are GOTS certified.
- The only non-organic cotton used has been approved by the Better Cotton Initiative. This ensures fair payment terms and invests in education for farmers to help them improve their yield and teach them how to use water more efficiently.
- Their yarn suppliers carry the Oeko-Tex mark.
- The dye houses do not use toxic azo dyes.
- The brand uses the “Zero D” printing method that uses over 90% less water, creates zero pollution and is printed on certified organic cotton.
- Piccoli Principi: This brand of beautiful swimwear collections uses a regenerated super-resistant nylon fiber, called Econyl®, which is made from rescued fishing nets and other post-consumer nylon waste.
- Sometime Soon: Most of their collection is made from GOTS certified organic and is Oeko Tex standard 100 certified, which means the fabrics have been tested and certified to be free from harmful levels of more than 100 substances known to be harmful to human health.
These are some of the brands we carry that are pushing the boundaries on sustainability in childrenswear, they’re not the only ones, later on we will introduce you to more of these awesome European brands for kids that are constantly innovating to reduce their impact in the environment.
The next time you purchase something for your kiddos (or for yourself), please take the time to research the brand, because you don’t only want your kids to look amazing, have fun in their clothing and be empowered… you also want to feel good knowing that you aren’t making a purchase that can negatively affect their future, remember earth is their home, our home.